When it comes to rejuvenating your kitchen cabinets, you might be wondering how long will cabinet refacing last compared to refinishing or repainting. It’s an excellent question, and we’re here to provide you with the answers you need to make an informed decision for your home. At Better Than New Kitchens, we are committed to delivering high-quality cabinet refacing that stands the test of time.
Cabinet Refacing vs. Refinishing or Repainting
Let’s start by addressing the differences between cabinet refacing, refinishing, and repainting:
Cabinet Refinishing or Repainting
These methods typically involve sanding, painting, or staining the existing cabinet surfaces. While they can provide a fresh look, the longevity of the results largely depends on the quality of the materials and workmanship. In most cases, refinishing or repainting may last between 2 to 8 years.
Refacing, on the other hand, is a comprehensive process that entails replacing the cabinet doors, drawer fronts, cabinet face frames, and hardware while keeping the original cabinet boxes intact. When done with high-quality materials and craftsmanship, cabinet refacing lasts just as long as brand new cabinets, which is typically well over 20 years.
Quality Matters: The Better Than New Difference
The key to the longevity of cabinet refacing lies in the quality of the product and the process. At Better Than New Kitchens, we understand that not all refacing projects are created equal. We take pride in offering superior quality refacing solutions. Here’s why our approach matters:
We use top-grade, made-in-America cabinet doors, drawers, and quarter-inch wood facing, ensuring both durability, quality construction, and a stunning appearance. In contrast, cheaper products, such as flimsy peel-and-stick materials from overseas, are prone to delamination (separation or splitting).
Our team of skilled craftspeople takes pride in their work. They pay meticulous attention to detail during the refacing process, ensuring that the end result is not only visually appealing but also built to last.
To demonstrate our confidence in our product and craftsmanship, we provide a limited lifetime warranty on all our cabinet refacing projects. Here’s what our warranty covers:
- 2-Year Installation Warranty: We stand by the quality of our installation work, offering a two-year warranty to address any potential installation issues.
- 2-Year Finish Warranty: Our high-quality conversion varnish finishes are built to last. We back our work with a two-year finish warranty, ensuring your cabinets maintain their beauty and integrity.
- 5-Year Door Construction and Wood Warranty: We are confident in the durability of our doors and wood materials. Our five-year warranty covers any defects in these components.
- 5-Year Hardware Warranty: We understand the importance of the hardware in your cabinets. That’s why we offer a five-year warranty on metal hardware, including hinges, drawer runners, and cabinet pullouts.
- Lifetime Warranty on Adhesion: The adhesion of new wood to the cabinet boxes is critical for the longevity of your refaced cabinets. Our lifetime warranty ensures that your investment remains intact.
The longevity of your cabinet refacing project is directly tied to the quality of the product and craftsmanship. At Better Than New Kitchens, we go the extra mile to provide high-quality, long-lasting results. Our commitment to excellence is backed by our comprehensive warranty, offering you peace of mind for years to come.
When you choose us for your cabinet refacing project, you’re not just investing in the aesthetics of your kitchen; you’re investing in a lasting transformation. We invite you to reach out to us with any questions or to start your journey toward a kitchen that will continue to impress for decades.